I haven’t been drawing for a while. Its a bit like going to the gym – you start missing a few sessions and then apathy hits. I discovered a four hour session in Cardiff organised by Dave Daggers and thought hell, I am doing this.
I am apprehensive about the four hour session – it will be the longest session I have done. I suppose the best way to manage it is to be as structured as you can – have a firm aim before you get there. So the plan?
- Focus on areas I don’t normally get the chance to work on in the shorter sessions such as:
- Hands and feet
- Muscle tone
- Start the session with a brief reprise on scale an proportion
- Use larger scale paper – A1
- Try paper with a bit off tooth in it
- Get different shades (6 sheets)
- Use softer materials – try some conte crayon
- Experiment using blues, sepia and ocher colours to build up the form
Toby Harris January 27, 2017
Posted In: Uncategorized